Transition at Grace Academy Solihull
Welcome to Year 6 Students
We are looking forward to you joining us and to ensure that your move to the Academy is both positive and enjoyable, you will come in before the rest of the school to give you the chance to meet your tutors, have a tour around and settle in. We hope that your time at Grace Academy Solihull will be successful and fun.
Moving on to secondary school is an important step – you will be studying a variety of subjects and will be moving around the school between different lessons. You will have access to excellent specialised resources eg PE, Technology, ICT, Music and Science.
Comments From Our Year 7 Students
- “I soon got used to the timetable and enjoy going off to different lessons instead of being stuck in the same classroom all day.”
- “I love this school! I started off nervous and scared; I was overwhelmed by the size of the school. But everyone was friendly and helpful and I soon got over my nerves. Year seven has whizzed by and I love Grace Academy now –it’s fantastic!”
- “I made lots of new friends and I’m sure you will too.”
Moving from primary to secondary school is an exciting and significant time in your child’s life. At Grace Academy Solihull we take a holistic approach to transition, providing effective pastoral care as well as an appropriate academic challenge. We understand that you may be anxious about your child moving to secondary school, however we are always here to help alleviate any concerns, and to help with this, you will be given your child’s tutor’s email address in September, so you will have a direct point of contact if needed.
Comments From Our Year 7 Parents
- “Absolutely fabulous school, top marks, keep up the good work!”
- “Very pleased.”
- “Our son is very happy here and that reflects in his glowing report and high grades.”
- “I am really pleased with my daughter’s progress and the whole school… I think the after school clubs are brilliant.
- “Fantastic academy!”
Transition Events 2022-23
- Transition Information Evening for Parents/Carers & Students – Thursday 29 June 2023, Time TBC
- Transition Day for Students – Wednesday 5 July 2023
Summer School 2022-23
We will be offering our incoming year 6 cohort an opportunity to further familiarise themselves with the academy by attending our Summer School, which will take place from Monday 31 July – Wednesday 2 August, from 10:00 – 14:30 each day. Full details of this can be found in this letter, including how to sign up.
Please read the documents in the following links and once read please complete the two forms below. You may want to keep a copy of these forms for your records.
READ ONLY DOCUMENTS
PLEASE COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING FORMS AND EMAIL THEM TO [email protected]
Student Information Form – This form is best viewed and completed using Adobe PDF Reader DC.
If you have any questions or queries regarding any aspect of our Transition Process please do not hesitate to get in touch with one of our Assistant Principals, Jude Humphries or Rachael Wright, on 0121 329 4600.