All year 11 students will be taking part in an off-timetable day as part of their Relationships and Sex Education (RSE) and Personal, Social, Health Education (PSHE). This is part of the Grace Academy “Building Healthy Relationships” Ethos theme. Our aim is to support students in developing their self-esteem and ability to make intelligent, informed choices based on their values so they can build happy, healthy and safe relationships.
THE AIM OF THE VALUES DAY IS TO:
- be a fun and inspiring experience & build the self-esteem of each young person
- allow the students to explore their own attitudes and values to sex & relationships in a safe learning environment
- learn about the difference between healthy and unhealthy relationships
- explore the meaning of consent in relationships
- highlight the risks & negative impact of pornography on relationships
- consider the positive value of stable, committed relationships such as marriage
The day will include a carousel of workshops with specialist external guests:
- Loudmouth Drama & discussion workshop (about power, control and domestic abuse within relationships). Further information: http://loudmouth.co.uk/programmes/safe-and-sound/
- Relationships (exploring consent, taught by the Ethos Team)
- Naked Truth (Guest speakers from “Naked Truth” highlighting the risks of pornography)
- Marriage (students will interview a volunteer married couple from “Explore” about their own relationship)
Please contact us to arrange a meeting if you would like to withdraw your child from participating in this day. We would be happy to answer any questions you might have about our “Building Healthy Relationships” programme, so please do not hesitate to contact us.