A qualification that is split into three units. One unit focuses on a published script, the second unit allows them to explore a theme/issue, and their final unit gives them the opportunity to form their own theatre company and create a performance to a professional standard.
The purpose of this qualification is to improve their ability to understand, evaluate and justify, through a variety of dramatic techniques.
- GCSE Key skills
- Unit 1 Practice – performing about an issue/theme
- Unit 1 Exam – Various (last year was Education theme)
- GCSE Advanced skills
- Unit 2 Practice – Performing a script
- Unit 2 Exam – Performing a script (last year was Blood Brothers)
- GCSE Skills recap & Practitioner study
- Unit 3 Practice – creating a theatre company
- Unit 3 Exam – creating a theatre company (last year’s topic was contrast)