On 4th February, World Cancer Day, the entire nation will unite to accelerate progress in the fight against cancer.
Your support is what’s driving each breakthrough that makes beating cancer sooner a reality. In fact, in the last 40 years supporter-funded research has helped double UK survival rates. We can’t stop there.
Here at Grace Academy, we’re going to do things throughout the week leading up to World Cancer Day.
Tuesday 31st Jan: Bake Sale at break and lunch
- Bring money – you cannot pay with your finger!
Thursday 2nd Feb : 6-Hour Continuous Cycle Ride and After School Film
- £5 sponsorship needed to cycle; indoor on exercise bikes for 15 minutes at a time; collect a sponsorship form from Mr. Spina or Mrs. Wadley
- £1 to watch “Finding Dory” in the Lecture Theatre 3:00 – 4:30
Friday 3rd Feb: Sponsored Run
- £5 sponsorship needed to cycle; outside on sports fields for all of P5; collect a sponsorship form from Mr. Spina or Mrs. Wadley
Throughout the week: selling Unity Bands, Keyrings, and “In Honour of…” ribbons
- Students can also make a donation and receive a paper “In Honour of…” ribbon. They can then write a message on the ribbon, “in honour” of a family member or friend who has been affected by cancer. These paper ribbons will be displayed in the Street area throughout the next couple weeks as a reminder of how many people are affected by cancer.