Welcome to Grace Academy Solihull
We are looking forward to you joining us ( you will come in before the rest of the school to give you the chance to meet your tutors, have a tour around and settle in). We want to ensure that your move to the Academy is both positive and enjoyable. We hope that your time at Grace Academy Solihull will be successful and fun.
Moving on to secondary school is an important step – you will be studying a variety of subjects and will be moving around the school between different lessons. You will have access to excellent specialised resources eg PE, Technology, ICT, Music and Science.
Comments from our Year 7 students
“I soon got used to the timetable and enjoy going off to different lessons instead of being stuck in the same classroom all day.”
“I love this school! I started off nervous and scared; I was overwhelmed by the size of the school. But everyone was friendly and helpful and I soon got over my nerves. Year seven has whizzed by and I love Grace Academy now –it’s fantastic!”
“I made lots of new friends and I’m sure you will too.”
Moving from primary to secondary school is an exciting and significant time in your child’s life. At Grace Academy we take a holistic approach to transition, providing effective pastoral care as well as an appropriate academic challenge. We understand that you may be anxious about your child moving to secondary school, however we are always here to help alleviate any concerns. You will be given your child’s tutor’s email in September, so you will have a direct point of contact.
Comments from our Year 7 parents
“Absolutely fabulous school, top marks, keep up the good work!”
“Our son is very happy here and that reflects in his glowing report and high grades.”
“I am really pleased with my daughter’s progress and the whole school… I think the after school clubs are brilliant.
Transition events at Grace Academy 2016-17
Exciting events throughout the year include:
- September – An Open Evening to visit and discover Grace Academy
- Throughout September fun Roald Dahl events in the Academy library
- October – An fun packed activities day to Whitemoor Lakes
- December – Christmas Concert
- An invite to the fantastic Academy musical
- June – Year 5 Games Day with a trophy to be won
- July –Year 6 induction day and evening to give our new students a taste of academy life, a chance to meet key staff and fellow class mates
- August – Summer School for our new students giving them a head start on their Secondary school journey in a fun and interactive way
If you have any questions or queries regarding any aspect of our Transition Process please do not hesitate to get in touch with our Assistant Principal Jude Humphries on 0121 329 4600.