- Develop investigative, critical thinking and decision-making skills through consideration of issues that are important, real and relevant to learners and to the world in which they live.
- Develop their appreciation and critical understanding of the media and its role in their daily lives.
- Develop their practical and creative skills through opportunities for personal engagement and creativity.
- Understand how to use media concepts and ideas to analyse media productions in their various contexts.
The aims are to develop knowledge and understanding of:
- The ways in which meanings and responses are generated through film.
- A contrasting, culturally diverse range of films from different national contexts.
- Film as an aesthetic medium.
- How films reflect the social, cultural and political contexts in which they are made.
- The relationship between film and film technology over time.
|Name||Resposibilty||Email (HOD/2nd or staff with responsibility)|
|Lesley Short||Head Of Departmentfirstname.lastname@example.org|